Fees For Services
Home Loan Evaluations
Fees for the service of conducting evaluations on septic systems and wells for the purpose of obtaining a loan; selling or buying property with an individual on-site sewage system or well; or other requests that are not required to be covered by law, regulation or the Marshall County Health Department free of charge, shall be charged to offset the expense of providing such services.
Fees for these services are set in accordance with 64 CSR 51, and have been duly filed with the County Clerk of Marshall County.
Fees are to be paid at the time of application for home loan evaluation in order to initiate service.
Charges are as follows:
- Evaluation of a septic system $250.00
- Evaluation of a water well $136.00
Mobile Home Parking
- Application for Sewage Tank Cleaning Permit (PDF)
- Application for Surface Discharge Permit (PDF)
- Ground Water Protection and Your Septic System (PDF)
- Individual & Onsite Sewage System (PDF)
- Installer Certification Renewal Application (PDF)
- Septic System Ownership Brochure (PDF)
- Sewage System & Well Permit Application (PDF)
- Sewage System Affidavit (PDF)
- Sewage System Permit Application (PDF)
- Sewage System Registration Form for DEP (DOC)
- Standards for Sewage Tank Cleaning Equipment (PDF)
- The Care & Feeding of Your Septic System (PDF)
- Sewage System Regulations (PDF)
Nuisance Investigation Report Form
This form is to to request of a suspected public health hazard or nuisance. This form needs to be completed in full, with name and contact information of reporting invididual. This form must be signed, unsigned complaints will not be accepted.
Water Collection Protocol
Individuals requesting water collection of samples from private wells, springs or cisterns, which are to be processed by Office of Laboratory Services for bacteriological testing, will be charged a fee of $136. This fee will include the expense of man hours, mileage and shipping costs.
(This fee is not applicable when water collection is being conducted as part of a home loan evaluation request for the sale or purchase of a home. Refer to Home Loan Evaluation fee schedule for pricing.)
The fee is to be collected prior to the service being provided and must be accompanied by a completed Water Analysis Request Form. The form must be complete and include detailed directions to the sampling location and contact telephone numbers for those requesting the testing.
The West Virginia Office of Laboratory Services charges an additional fee which must be paid by a separate check or money order made to WVOLS and included with the water sample.
Shipment of the sample will be made using United Parcel Service via overnight delivery. Samples will be collected Monday-Wednesday to assure they reach the lab in a timely fashion.
Wells are NOT to be chlorinated until after the lab results are received. If treatment is necessary, the Marshall County Health Department will provide information on well treatment
when the sample tests positive for coliform bacteria, e-coli, or both.
If a sample is lost, or cannot be tested, a new sample will be collected without additional charge.
There will be an additional charge for follow-up testing.