A Nuisance Complaint Form must be used for most types of complaints for the health department to take action. The exception to this is complaints regarding food service establishments. The complaint form must be mailed or delivered in person to the health department.

Typical complaints which environmental staff investigate are as follows:

  • Restaurants (kitchens, dining area, restrooms)
  • Garbage (no pick-up service or loose garbage, which contains household waste, on property)
  • Standing water (which can harbor mosquitoes, a known source of West Nile Virus infection)
  • Vectors (rats, mice, and cockroaches, which are known carriers of disease)
  • Sewage (malfunctioning sewage systems or no sewage system, causing wet areas and foul odors)



Nuisance Complaint Form